2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon blackening spice
¼ cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 slices sourdough bread
Juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
½ cup sour cream
2 ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
8 yellow cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 tablespoon red onion, thinly sliced
- HEAT skillet to medium-high.
- RUB fish with oil and coat with blackening spice.
- SEAR fish top-side down in skillet for 4 minutes until blackened. Flip fish and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
- HEAT oven to 500°F.
- ADD olive oil to plate and season with salt, pepper and garlic. Dip bread in oil mixture and toast in oven until nicely browned.
- In a separate bowl, COMBINE lime juice, water, cilantro and sour cream to make Cilantro Sour Cream.
TO ASSEMBLE, place avocado slices on toast and drizzle with Cilantro Sour Cream. Top with sliced catfish, tomatoes and onion.