- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- For garnish: Fresh parsley sprigs and lemon wedges
- Mix milk and egg in a shallow dish. Mix flour, salt and cayenne pepper in another shallow dish or on a piece of wax paper. Dip catfish fillets in the milk mixture, then dredge in the flour mixture, shaking off excess. Set aside on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of the butter and 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the fillets, two at a time, in the skillet and fry for 2 or 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- While the fillets are cooking, melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan. Stir in lemon juice, parsley and Worcestershire sauce. Place the catfish fillets on a serving plate and pour the butter sauce over the fillets. Garnish with parsley sprigs and lemon wedges and serve.