4-6 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup yellow cornmeal
2 teaspoons salt
1-1½ cups vegetable oil
Slider rolls, buttered
Green leaf lettuce, torn
Purple onion, sliced
Roma tomatoes, sliced
1 cup mayonnaise
¼ cup prepared wasabi
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1 pinch of salt
- CUT catfish fillets to approximate size of slider roll. Use smaller pieces to fry and enjoy while you are cooking.
- COMBINE flour, cornmeal and salt. Coat catfish with mixture.
- ADD vegetable oil to medium-sized heavy skillet. Heat to 350˚F. Fry fillets for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Remove catfish from oil and drain on paper towels.
- BROWN sliced and lightly buttered slider rolls in skillet.
Add wasabi mayo to top and bottom of roll. Assemble with the lettuce, onion, tomatoes and avocado. Garnish with a decorative toothpick.
- TO MAKE SAUCE combine all ingredients thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasonings. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.