- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dill pickles
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- To prepare the tartar sauce, mix the mayonnaise, pickles and onion in a small bowl; set aside.
- To prepare the catfish, mix cornmeal and salt in a shallow dish or on a piece of wax paper. Place milk in another shallow dish. Dip catfish fillets in milk, then dredge in the cornmeal mixture. Set aside on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Fill a deep fryer or large, deep skillet half full with oil and heat to 350°F on a deep-frying thermometer. Add fillets, two at a time to the hot oil, and fry for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Drain on paper towels. Place catfish on a warm serving platter and garnish with lemon wedges. Serve immediately with tartar sauce.