- 4 (6-ounce) U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped marjoram
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- Sprinkle the catfish fillets with the Worcestershire sauce. Grate the lemon zest over the fish and then squeeze the juice over the fish. Season with salt and pepper and the marjoram.
- Roll the fillets lengthwise into a corkscrew shape with the nice rib side facing out. Place on a smoking rack seam side down. Dot each fillet with softened butter.
- Heat a smoker or covered grill. Add crushed pecan shells suitable for your style of smoker, and follow the manufacturer’s directions for preparing the smoker. Smoke the fish for 12 minutes at 200 degrees Fahrenheit or until the flesh is opaque and the surface slightly golden. Gently remove from the smoker. Serve warm or chilled.