- 2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 4 ounces fish breading
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups frying oil
- 2 6-inch French rolls
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced
- 1 pound slaw mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot sauce to taste
- To make slaw, combine all ingredients and season to taste; cover and refrigerate.
- In a shallow dish, mix breading and seasoning. Coat fillets in mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add fillets; cook until golden brown, approximately 4 minutes. Turn once, remove catfish, and let drain on paper towel.
- Split French rolls and spoon slaw mix in, place fried catfish on top of slaw, and add sliced tomatoes.