4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
Salt and pepper
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup balsamic vinegar
¼ cup white wine
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
½ tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely minced
GREEN BEAN BUNDLES
15-16 strips of bacon
3 (15-ounce) vertical-packed green beans
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup melted butter or oil
¾ tablespoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon dried basil
- PREPARE glaze by mixing balsamic vinegar, white wine, honey, Dijon mustard, rosemary and garlic in a heavy, small pan.
Heat over medium-high heat until boiling. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce has been reduced to about 1⁄3 cup (10-15 minutes). Remove from heat and allow to cool. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- HEAT about ¼ cup olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- SEASON catfish fillets with salt and pepper and dredge in flour, shaking off excess. Place two fillets at a time, rounded side down, and cook 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Turn fillets and cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until done. Remove from skillet and sauté remaining two fillets.
- PLATE catfish fillets and drizzle with balsamic reduction. Serve with green bean bundles.
TO MAKE GREEN BEAN BUNDLES
- CUT bacon strips in half.
- WRAP 9-10 beans with a strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- PLACE in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- MIX brown sugar, butter, garlic salt, soy sauce, rosemary and basil; pour over green beans.
- REFRIGERATE overnight.
- RE-SPOON sauce over bundles before baking.
- BAKE at 350˚F for 30 minutes, uncovered. Serve hot.