- 1 pound U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets, cooked and flaked
- 2 teaspoons liquid crab boil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup green bell pepper, minced
- ½ cup celery, minced
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 4 (1.9-ounce) packages frozen mini phyllo cups, thawed
- PREHEAT oven to 400° F
- SIMMER fish in water seasoned with salt and liquid crab boil 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked. Remove fish, cool and flake.
- IN A LARGE SKILLET melt butter over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, celery, onions and garlic. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes.
- STIR IN flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in cream, parsley and Cajun seasoning. Simmer about 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
- ADD cheese, stirring until melted. Remove from heat. Add flaked fish to cheese mixture.
- PLACE phyllo cups on baking sheets. Fill cups evenly with mixture. Sprinkle topping over pastries.
- BAKE until lightly browned, approximately 15 minutes. Serve warm.
MAKES 60 TARTS