- 2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup dry white wine (may substitute chicken broth)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup heavy cream
- IN SMALL PAN, bring water to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer fillets 5 to 7 minutes or until done. Remove fillets. When cool, cut into small pieces; dust lightly with paprika.
- MELT butter in sauté pan over medium heat. Cook mushrooms, green onions and garlic until tender, stirring occasionally.
- BLEND in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in chicken broth. Heat to simmering, stirring constantly.
- ADD white wine, parsley, Worcestershire, cayenne pepper, Old Bay seasoning and lemon juice..
- COOK for approximately 5 minutes to reduce liquid to desired consistency. Stir in cream, then catfish and heat thoroughly.
- LADLE into bowls and top with chopped green onions for garnish.