- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- ¾ cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Vegetable oil
- 4 sandwich rolls
- Butter or margarine
- 12 slices smoked bacon, cooked
- Sliced tomato
- Baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
IN A MEDIUM BOWL, mix all
ingredients until well blended.
- COMBINE cornmeal, flour, salt, cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
- COAT catfish with cornmeal mixture, shaking off excess. Fill a
large, heavy skillet half full with vegetable oil. Heat to 350° F.
- ADD catfish in single layer and fry until golden brown,
about 5 to 6 minutes, depending on size.
- REMOVE and drain on paper towels.
- SPREAD butter on each side of rolls, and lightly brown in a
- SMEAR toasted bread with Lemon Aïoli. Layer tomatoes,
spinach, bacon and catfish on bread.