2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets, cut in half
½ pound spaghetti noodles
1 (24-ounce) jar of marinara sauce
1 cup jarred roasted red bell peppers
1 cup milk
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 cup Parmesan, finely grated
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Fresh basil, chiffonade for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Prepare noodles according to package directions. Place cooked noodles in four separate portions into the pan for easy serving.
- In a blender, combine marinara and roasted red peppers. Blend until smooth. Spoon 2/3 of the sauce over the noodle piles. Set remaining aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and egg. In another bowl, combine the next 8 ingredients. Dust fillets with flour, then dip in egg mixture, then breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. Place breaded fillets in the pan and cook for 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Place each cooked fillet on top of the marinara. Spoon remaining sauce over each fillet and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with basil and serve family style.
Yields: 4 servings