- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets, grilled or baked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Smoked paprika or chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- ¾ cup whole corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 4 (10-inch) flour or wheat tortillas
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried black beans
- 2 cups grated pepper jack cheese
CILANTRO-LIME SOUR CREAM
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- Lime zest
- Salt to taste
IN A SMALL BOWL, mix all
ingredients until combined.
- LIGHTLY BRUSH fish with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and smoked paprika or chili powder. Prepare fish on grill or bake until done. Place in refrigerator to cool. When cool, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- IN A LARGE SKILLET, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté red pepper and onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Add corn, red pepper flakes, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to incorporate and sauté for 3 minutes. Transfer to bowl and add cilantro.
- HEAT pan large enough to hold a flat tortilla to medium heat. Lightly brush pan with olive oil.
- SPREAD tortilla on work surface. On half of each tortilla, spread ¼ of refried beans, ¼ of vegetables and top with ¼ of chopped fish.
- PLACE in heated pan and sprinkle ½ cup cheese on other half of tortilla. Heat until cheese is melted and tortilla is lightly crisped. Fold cheese side over vegetable side and remove to a plate. Cut each tortilla into 4 pieces with serrated knife. Serve with Cilantro-Lime Sour Cream.