- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried, crushed
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (or 1 tablespoon dried, crushed)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- ½ pound pasta
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped (or 1 tablespoon dried)
COOK pasta in salted water until tender but still firm. Meanwhile, whisk oil, cheese, lemon juice and lemon zest to blend. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid. Toss pasta with lemon sauce. If needed, add some of the reserved liquid. Season with salt and pepper.
- SEASON fish with salt and red pepper flakes. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish and sauté rounded side down for 3 minutes; turn, and sauté 3 minutes or until cooked. Transfer fish to a plate and set aside.
- ADD onion to same skillet and add 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sauté until translucent.
- ADD tomatoes with their juices, wine (or chicken broth), garlic, parsley, basil and oregano. Simmer until sauce is reduced slightly or about 10 minutes.
- GENTLY return fish and any juice to tomato mixture to absorb spices.
- SERVE over Lemon Pasta.