- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets, 6 to 8 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Juice of half a lime
- 8 to 12 thin wedges Ripe cantaloupe, seeded and peeled
- 2 tablespoons Chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Fresh blueberries, stems removed, or strawberries, hulled (optional)
- Lightly oil the fish fillets and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Prepare a hot fire.
- When ready to grill, set an oiled perforated grill rack over the fire. Place the fish on the rack and grill until the fish is opaque and just beginning to flake when tested with a fork, 4 to 5 minutes per side, turning once halfway through the grilling time.
- Arrange the fillets on 4 serving plates. Fan 2 to 3 wedges of melon on each plate. Squeeze the juice of half a lime over the fish and melon. Sprinkle with the mint leaves, red pepper flakes, and blueberries or strawberries.
Source: “Fish & Shellfish, Grilled & Smoked,” by Karen Adler and Judith Fertig