2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
1 bag cauliflower florets, steamed
1/2 cup golden raisins
8 pepperoncini peppers, thinly sliced
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
½ cup olive oil
6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
3/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 pinch saffron threads
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons thyme, finely chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
- Steam cauliflower according to directions on bag, then transfer to a bowl of ice water to cool.
- Drain cauliflower and put into a bowl. Add raisins, pepperoncini and onions.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and carefully add vinegar, saffron and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved, then add thyme.
- Pour mixture over vegetables. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- While vegetables are chilling, heat grill to medium-high.
- Brush catfish fillets with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic. Place fillets on grill and cook for 3 minutes; flip and continue cooking 3 minutes, or until done. Serve with Cauliflower Salad.
Yields: 2 servings