- 2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- 1/4 pound white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon)
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups mixed salad greens such as arugula, chicory, escarole, mustard and radicchio, washed and torn into bite-size pieces and dried
- Place catfish fillet strips and mushrooms in a shallow dish. Mix olive oil, vinegar, tarragon, shallot, salt and pepper in a small bowl using a wire whisk until well blended.
- Pour two-thirds of the marinade over the catfish. Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate. Reserve remaining marinade to use as salad dressing.
- Prepare a grill or preheat the broiler.
- Place catfish fillets on an oiled grill rack or broiler pan rack. Grill or broil 4 inches from the heat source for 2 or 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Allow to cool slightly; serve warm.
- Toss salad greens, mushrooms and reserved marinade in a large bowl. Top with grilled catfish.