- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- Canola oil for brushing on romaine
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, outer leaves removed, cut in half from tip to root
CHIPOTLE CAESAR DRESSING
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- ¼ small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves roasted garlic
- 3 anchovies or anchovy paste, to taste
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- PREHEAT grill.
- COAT fish with reserved marinade. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- LIGHTLY COAT fish basket with olive oil and place fish in basket. Grill 3 to 4 minutes per side or until done.
- BRUSH romaine with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on grill cut side down and grill for 30 to 40 seconds or until slightly charred.
- ARRANGE romaine and catfish on platter. Drizzle with remaining dressing and garnish with ¼ cup Parmesan.
- PLACE mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire, vinegar, onion, garlic, anchovies, chipotle, hot sauce, honey, and salt and pepper in blender and blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add oil and blend completely.
- ADD ¼ cup Parmesan and blend a few seconds longer. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- REFRIGERATE dressing, reserving some for the marinade.