- 1 cup beer
- 3 tablespoons Tabasco® Chipotle pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespooons apple cider vinegar
- 4 cleaned catfish fillets, about 5 ounces each
- Oil for coating grill screen and fish
- 3/4 cup Chipotle Grilling Sauce (see recipe)
- 1 cup (about 10 ounces) finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh tomato
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 to 1 Serrano chile (determined by how hot you like it), seeds and stem removes, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- Combine the beer, Tabasco®, onion, molasses, salt, and vinegars in a large zipper bag. Seal bag and shake until the salt dissolves. Open the bag, add the catfish and massage marinade into all areas of the fish; seal the bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat the grill as directed above. While the grill is heating mix all of the salsa ingredients in a bowl; set aside
- Brush the grill grate and coat with oil. Remove fish from marinade and pat the surfaces dry. Brush with oil. Grill for about 3 minutes per side, until the surface is lightly browned and the fish is still firm.
- Brush with Chipotle Grilling Sauce and grill 1 more minute.
- Serve topped with some of the salsa and serve the remainder on the side.