- 4 U. S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets (4 to 6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (such as Kraft)
- olive oil spray
- Prepare “Hail Ceasar” Rub by mixing spices and Parmesan cheese in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Store the blend in a dark cupboard, away from heat, and it will keep for two to three months.
- Preheat grill to high heat
- Sprinkle 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of the blend on a lightly oiled fillet. Grill or broil over high heat for 3 1/2 to 4 minutes per side, or until the fish begins to flake when tested with a fork in the thickest part.
Adapted from Karen Adler’s Best Little Marinades Cookbook, Ten Speed Press, 2000
Nutritional Information: 249 calories; 14 g fat; 80 mg cholesterol; 3,081 mg sodium; 2 g carbohydrates; 1 g fiber; 28 g protein