4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
2 cups cornmeal
½ cup flour
½ cup cornstarch
2 tablespoons salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon black pepper
½ cup honey
1 teaspoon lime zest
1 tablespoon orange zest
- HEAT deep fryer to 350°F.
- COMBINE cornmeal, flour, cornstarch, salt, cayenne pepper and black pepper in a shallow bowl. Evenly coat catfish fillets with cornmeal mixture and shake off any extra.
- COOK fish for 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool slightly on a wire rack.
- COMBINE honey and zests in a small bowl and heat in microwave for 1 minute.
- DRIZZLE fillets with honey mixture.