4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
1 small to medium habanero
1 tablespoon thyme
1 tablespoon allspice
4 cloves garlic
1 large onion
3 green onions, chopped (white and green parts)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground ginger
¼ cup oil
¼ cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice
¼ cup orange juice
½ cup white vinegar
Chopped cilantro and lime wedges for garnish
1 package yellow rice, prepared
1 can black beans
- COMBINE all ingredients, except catfish, garnishes, rice and black beans, in a food processor, and pulse until combined.
- PLACE catfish in a dish and spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of mixture over each fillet, until thoroughly coated. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- PREPARE yellow rice and black beans according to package instructions.
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- PLACE catfish in an oiled baking dish and bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- SERVE with rice and beans. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and lime wedge.