- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 to 4 drops Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets, whole or cut into strips
- Mix all the seasoning ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well to mix thoroughly. The marinade will keep in the refrigerator for several weeks.
- Wash catfish fillets and pat dry. Cover fillets with marinade and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 4 hours.
- Grill over a medium-hot fire, basting with marinade. If you prefer to cook inside, melt a tablespoon of butter in a heavy skillet on high heat. Place the catfish in the hot skillet, shaking it to prevent sticking. Cook the fish, turning and shaking the pan for 3 to 4 minutes until done. Serve immediately