4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
2 (14-ounce) cans vegetable broth
¼ cup white wine
½ cup Meyer lemon juice, divided
4 stems fresh thyme
1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
1 bag baby spinach
¼ red onion, thinly sliced
1 orange, segmented
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons thyme, finely chopped
1 tablespoon shallot, finely diced
½ cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Honey to taste (about 1 tablespoon or more)
¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large skillet, COMBINE broth, wine, lemon juice, thyme and peppercorns and simmer over medium heat.
- ADD catfish; Cover and poach for 6 minutes, or until done. Remove fillets and let cool slightly.
- For the salad, COMBINE spinach, onion and orange segments in a large bowl.
- For the vinaigrette, COMBINE lemon juice, mustard, thyme and shallot. Whisk in olive oil until completely incorporated. Add salt, pepper and honey to taste.
- SERVE fillets over salad and drizzle with vinaigrette. Garnish with toasted almond slices.