Black Olive Toast:
- 1 3.8-ounce can sliced ripe olives, drained and minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 1/2-inch thick slices French bread
- 4 4- to 6-ounce U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces prosciutto or country ham, julienned
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- To make Black Olive Toast: In a small bowl, mix together olives, mustard and olive oil. Set aside.
- To make Catfish: Heat oven to 250° F. In a small bowl, stir together olive oil, hot sauce and lemon juice. Brush on both sides of catfish. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat and add catfish fillets, two at a time. Cook about 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until brown, turning only once. Repeat with remaining catfish fillets. Transfer to a baking dish and keep warm in a 250°F oven.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in the same skillet. When lightly brown, add prosciutto and sauté for about 1 minute. Remove from heat; add capers and almonds.
- Just before serving, toast French bread and spread with black olive mixture. Place a piece of toast on each plate, top with catfish, and spoon over prosciutto-butter sauce. Makes 4 servings.
Recipe developed by Elizabeth Terry, Elizabeth on 37th, Savannah, Ga.
Nutrients per serving: 436 calories, 28g fat, 30g protein, 16g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 92g cholesterol, 970mg sodium.