4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
1 cup milk
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4 tablespoons chives,
2 ounces dry vermouth
1 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
- WHISK together egg and milk.
- DIP catfish fillets into egg mixture, then dredge in flour, shaking off excess.
- ADD olive oil to a heavy skillet and heat to medium high. Add 2 fillets, rounded side down, and cook 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Turn fillets and cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until done, and remove from skillet. Sauté remaining two fillets and remove when done.
- TO MAKE SAUCE, add garlic and chives and stir gently 1-2 minutes. Deglaze skillet with vermouth. Slowly add cream, stirring constantly until sauce is reduced to desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- SERVE sauce over catfish fillets.