- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- Pinch of chili powder
- 1/4 cup clarified butter or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped green chili peppers
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped tomato
- 1/2 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped green onion
- Place flour in a shallow dish or on a piece of wax paper; season with salt and pepper. Lightly coat catfish fillets with seasoned flour. Set aside on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Dust fillets with chili powder.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Pour in clarified butter or canola oil. Add garlic and saute until lightly browned. Place catfish fillets in pan and cook over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Turn fillets over and cook 1 minute more. Add wine, chili peppers, tomato and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cover and cook until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Place fillets on serving plates. Add butter and green onion to sauce in skillet. Stir until blended and pour over catfish.