1 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillet, cut in half
2 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin fillets
½ pound fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
3 egg yolks
¼ cup white wine
2 tablespoons lemon juice
9 ounces hot clarified butter
Pepper sauce (Tabasco) to taste
1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. Season beef and catfish fillets with salt and pepper.
- Sear beef for 2 minutes, on each side, or until cooked to your preferred temperature. Sear catfish for 3 minutes per side. Remove each and let rest.
- Add asparagus to hot skillet, then sprinkle with salt and pepper and sauté for 3 minutes.
- For the Dill Hollandaise, combine egg yolk, wine and lemon juice in a bowl and place over a hot water bath. Whisk and cook until it forms a figure 8 ribbon.
- Slowly add hot clarified butter while whisking. If sauce gets too thick, whisk in a few drops of warm water.
- When all butter is emulsified, season with salt and liquid pepper; stir in dill and spoon over fillets.
Yields: 2 servings